Social Media Intern
Market Development Division Seeks Social Media Intern
The Market Development division at the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry is seeking a part-time paid social media intern for the 2022 spring semester. The social media intern will help support marketing initiatives and work closely with staff of the Oklahoma Agritourism and Made in Oklahoma programs. The primary objective of this role is to grow brand awareness, increase economic development, and engage consumers and online audiences for both programs which benefit Oklahoma producers.
Hours: Hours per week range from 8-15 depending on individual schedule and ODAFF events Pay: $10 an hour
- – Create social media content for two programs in the Market Development division at ODAFF: Oklahoma Agritourism program and Made in Oklahoma program.
- – Grow a strong social media presence through digital content including but not limited to: Facebook posts, Instagram posts, Instagram stories, Instagram reels, etc.
- – Create rough draft social media calendars, copy and graphics.
- – Communicate with producers from each program to gather information for digital content.
- – Attend weekly virtual meetings with program coordinators to discuss strategic planning.
- – Attend monthly meetings in person with program coordinators to discuss strategic planning.
- – Other duties could include photographing events and products, writing blog posts, digitalnewsletters, etc.
Intern will be responsible for tracking time spent on content and reporting to program coordinators. This is a remote position, but intern will have optional traveling opportunities.Please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2021:
- – Résumé
- – One mock post (Facebook or Instagram) for the Oklahoma Agritourism program. The theme forthis mock post is about Christmas tree farms in Oklahoma. Information about the program canbe found at oklahomaagritourism.com.
- – One mock post (Facebook or Instagram) for the Made in Oklahoma program. The theme for thismock post is “shop local”. Information about the program can be found at madeinoklahoma.net. Interviews for invited candidates will be scheduled in January.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Jenna Brinlee; Made in Oklahoma Program Jenna.email@example.com 405-618-8612
Micaela Danker Halverson; Oklahoma Agritourism Micaela.firstname.lastname@example.org 405-740-0794