OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — This Friday and Saturday, the Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Association is hosting their 36th Annual Ranch Rodeo, set to be held at the Lazy E Arena in Guthrie.
Starting the night with a Grand Entrance, Governor Kevin Stitt and Secretary of Agriculture, Blayne Arthur, will be posting the night’s colors horseback.
“We are incredibly appreciative of the Governor’s support for the agriculture community as we raise funds to support the Children’s Hospital Foundation,” said Sec. Arthur. “This is always a fantastic event put on by the OCA and I am eager to see the turnout!”
The OCA Ranch Rodeo will feature 12 Oklahoma ranch teams all vying for bragging rights, but also with the goal of supporting the Children’s Hospital Foundation. Coined as the “Cowboys Helping Kids” event, OCA has raised more than
$531,000 to help children over the past 12 years. The 2020 participating teams are:
- Alfalfa County Land and Cattle, Cherokee, OK
- Gray G Bar Ranch, Shidler, OK
- Buford Ranches, Hominy, OK
- Stuart Ranch, Waurika, OK
- Drummond Land & Cattle Co., Pawhuska, OK
- Hall Ranch, Comanche, OK & Daube Cattle Co., Ardmore, OK
- Treadwell Land & Cattle, Frederick, OK
- Chain Ranch, Canton, OK
- Lazy Rafter Slash Ranch, Lenapah, OK
- Trentman Ranch, Pawhuska, OK
- Stierwalt Ranch & Cattle Co., Shidler, OK
- Whitmire Ranch, Delaware, OK
- McPhail Land & Cattle, Mountain Park, OK
In addition to the five ranch events the teams will be competing in, the event also features a trade show and kids dummy roping. The OCA Ranch Rodeo is sanctioned by the Working Ranch Cowboys Association and the Champion team at our event represents Oklahoma at the world competition each year.
To purchase tickets, visit https://www.ticketmaster.com/oklahoma-cattlemens-association-ranch-rodeo- tickets/artist/2661477.