It is important to remember that a tree is an investment in our future. What you do has a significant impact upon it. This all starts when you first select and plant a tree and continues throughout its lifespan.
Oklahoma Tree Owner’s Manual
Oklahoma Native Species by County
There are dozens of tree species native to Oklahoma’s 77 counties. But each county has a unique list native to it. OFS offers for download the following spreadsheet listing each native species by county.
Design, Care & Selection Resources
- Xeriscape Garden Plants For Oklahoma
- Xeriscape Demonstration Garden Edmond, Oklahoma
- Stormwater To Street Trees: Engineering Urban Forests for Storm Water Management, EPA
Selection Guides from Around the State:
- Ardmore Beautification Council – Recommended Trees for Ardmore
- City of Bartlesville – Centennial Tree Guide
- City of Enid – Tree Care and Selection Guide
- City of Norman – Recommended Tree List
- City of Oklahoma City – Putting Down Roots
- Public Service Company of Oklahoma – Tree Tips: A Planning Guide
- Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma Proven
Planting and Care:
Right Tree for the Right Place:
How to Select and Plant Trees:
How to Prune Young Shade Trees:
Experts Agree – Don’t Top Your TREE!